Friday, February 24, 2006


Time

When I was young, time is nothing to me. I had waste lots of them for nothing. Youth is just like a splash of water. Suddenly, it vaporised, and vanished.

Today, youth is just like yesterday's event, it is so near and yet it is really far. Suddenly realise that time is ticking away, second by second. Very often hearing friends passing away one by one. My favourite actors gone, my favourite hangouts disappeared, my admired nation leader vanished. In the middle of the night, very often, I ask myself: When will be your turn?

Youngster do not realise this thing called 'Time' is a horrible thing. It just walk pass you and leave you no pain. Great leaders always say that we must live a meaningful life. How many of us, when we were having our last breath, would say to ourself: I really had my meaningful life in this world! Today, I see lots of young people addicted to games, drugs, and other trendy hobbies. Do they really think about meaning of life? Or their objectives in life? I could not answer on their behalf. But I do know, many time they are just letting time passing through their fingers and grap nothing for themselves. Sad? Maybe not. They may have lots of reasons to tell you they know what is good to themselves.

I just wonder, will these people have the same answer when they blow out their last breath, and look back on what they had done in the past?

For me, the clock's clicking is a daily threat. It keep on reminding me, time is running out of me. If I need to do something meaningful to myself, I better do it soon. Otherwise, it could be too late; and regret won't help.

1 comment:

dipchik said...

very nice writing...human being memory is weak anyway, we forget that we'll end some day..