Wednesday, August 09, 2006


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!

Today is Singapore's 41 birthday.
As a born Singaporean, I wish her a very very Happy Birthday.
As a Singaporean, very often I am very proud as Singaporean. Since young, I understand that my parents were migrants from China; but I always tell my foreign friends, especially the taiwanese and Chinese from Main Land, that I am a Singaporean. Some of them seems do not understand my claim, and asked me: Why not Chinese? (In Mandarin, means Zhong Guo Ren)

I told them, no doubt I am yellow skin, and I speak good Mandarin and write well with Chinese; but my motherland is Singapore, not China! I do admire China's greatness and its wealthy cultures.

And I could not stand people humiliating Singapore in front of me.
As Indonesian leader once said: Singapore is only a small red dot.
But to me, the red dot is like chilli padi, it is hot and spicy. Try to swallow it, you will get your throat sore for days, or even damage your sound track!

Viva, Singapore!

No comments: