Monday, September 08, 2008



Local Musical Talents

Today, 7th September 2008, I went to Fast East Shopping Centre to take my lunch. After my lunch, as I walked out from the eating house, I heard live music playing at the lobby of the centre. I took the escalator to the ground floor, and found a band playing beautiful music there. It was a free performance. I sat and read the given brochure, and I realised that it was a performance related to the International Guitar Festival.

The band playing is name 'Sham and Hassan'. They sang sentimental oldies in English, popular songs in Italian and Spanish. I was entertained for an hour of beautiful happy music with no cost!

Amazingly, I noticed this band really has standard, especially the male singer. His voice is on the high notes, but it was smooth and clear. The drumer played in a very light hearted but creative way. The other base guitarist is good in fast fingering techniques. Three man team could play such entertaining music is really fantastic. A big group of audience sat quietly and give their ears a feast of soothing notes at this lunch hour.

No comments: