Tuesday, June 16, 2009



Parrot as Pet

Recently I visited Serangoon North Ave 2, where many pet bird shops were around. I saw my favourite Yellow Nape Amazon baby parrots for sale, the price is as high as S$5000.00 each. I kept this bird before, that was twenty years back. I bought it with the cost of $1500.00

The bird stayed with me for ten over years. It witnessed my son Kelvin from baby to 9 years old. They became playing partners at home, since Kelvin is the only kid at home then.

Unfortunately, the bird died of pneumonia; partially I sent him to a dog vet rather than a bird vet specially. I was depressed for long long time, and decided not to keep any pet at all.

The bird was extremely intelligent. It mimics both languages: English and Mandarin. At the later stage, it even could respond to my greeting or questions.

Attached here are three clips taken from YouTube, to show other bird keepers of the same kind demonstrating their talented bird in terms of talking or singing capabilities.


No comments: