Monday, October 26, 2009

Blood Tests

Recently, I felt that it was time for me to go for a blood test, as there were so many sudden deaths happened these days. The deaths could be cost by lipids or cholesterol particles. Without the blood test we would not be able to find out the contents in our blood.

So I went to my neighborhood doctor and requested the test. The most painful thing was not the needle, but the pre-test fasting. I need to fast for 12 hours before the test.

Finally the tests results came back. Hooray! Everything is within the normal standard. I am very pleased with the record. I also realized that it could be my regular exercise that contributed to these good results. My HDL Cholesterol is 56 mg/dl which is 32% more than the norm. The bad Cholesterol (LDL) is 116 mg/dl, which is 11% less than the norm. Glucose in blood is on the low side, that means the risk of diabetes would not be high. Despite of my drinking habit, my liver is fine (Refer to Liver Profile). The only concern is the Uric Acid, which is near to the norm; but comparing with my previous record, it was far lower than before.

See, for those who do not like to do exercise, this old man has proven that exercise, especially regular exercise really improved one's health!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey congrats!