Friday, September 22, 2006


The Silent Group

Today, I went into one of the forums, and read in one of the contributions. It said that the writer discovered one of her colleagues, was a participant in the PSS Female Category. The writer showed her surprise, but acknowledge her colleague was brave and great.

In fact, people around us may be great; but they choose not to mention about themselves. As Chinese proverb says: Sitting Tigers and crouching dragons(Wo Hu Cang Long). We would only know them when they are reported in the press, or become the limelight of the media. This is why most of the educators believe that everybody has his talent. It is only depend on the particular person, would he want to explore his talent to the fullest or not.

When I was young, I witnessed a fight. The fight happened in the late 60s on the street. One of the opponents was wearing a pair of spectacles, look very scholar, and small in build. But to my surprise, in less than 2 minutes, his opponent run away with a broken nose. His opponent was very much bigger than him. Both fought with bare hands. Later, from my neighbours I understood that this little young man was practicing Chinese Kungfu for sometimes, and only his close friends know about it. He used it when he was bullied.

Later in my life, I also notice many rich persons, who keep themselves in very low key. But when come to contributions to charity, they will give generously; and always refused to use their names. In the contrary, there are lots of big mouths in the society that only know how to talk but no action or contribution.

Look at the volunteer social workers, they have done good deeds for the needed. But they do not boast themselves, nor to claim credits. I salute these people!

No comments: