Thursday, January 03, 2008

HDR Chase
Few weeks ago, the first time I saw HDR photographs from the Web, I was so amazed by its range of colours. I told myself that I have to learn the techniques and produce such photographs. What is HDR? It stands for High Dynamic Range. Some interpreted it as High Digital Resolutions. Anyway, a rose is a rose, no matter what name you give her. What I like to see is the full range of colours captured in one photograph. In traditional or conventional photography, we hardly see such photographs. So, it opens a new door of exploration to me. I am like a curious cat. Spent day and night trying to figure out the procedures and process of it. With reasons unknown to me, my CS2 works like a crazy guy, sometimes it produces it, most of the time, it gives me a message stated that the photos I have loaded were short of dynamic range of exposures, and refuse to do the conversion for me. It was a frustrating experience, until I use Photomatrix Pro. It works perfectly for me. I am using the trial version, therefore, you would see its water markers appear on every piece of the works here. HDR really is very pleasant to look at. Beside the range of tones, it also provided great details of the subject captured.

No comments: