Monday, January 28, 2008

The Lunar New Year Festive Season



Very year when time comes close to the Lunar New Year Season, I will have not choice and be forced to listen to those famous oldies, such as 'He Xin Nian', 'Gong Xi Gong Xi'. Year in year out, the same song will be repeated at the same time frame. No doubt, sometimes the singers are different, the music arrangement has changed. But the tune is the same.

When I was younger, I really get sick of them, once I heard them. This is why I do not like this season.


But as years passed by, age catching up, things change greatly. These days, as I walked pass China Town, heard of these songs, certain strange feeling arises. Suddenly, the old memories float up from nowhere. Suddenly realized that my parents were passed away for more than 15 years. Suddenly, noticed own self is no more younger as before. Suddenly, the world seems to be parting away from me. All of my elderly relatives were not around, those young siblings turn into full grown adults. Friends disappearing one by one, even my own students' faces starting to appear on obituary page!

Other things also happened in silence: The actors that I admired, the singers that I most adored; one by one, all slipped into the other side of the world. But their movies, their songs still mingle around the moment I play their records or videos.


Suddenly, shockingly realize that time also had slipped away so much and so fast from me. Yet, there are so many things not done yet. Life, is really rush away as the tidal wave. If we do not catch it on time and present ourself in full colour, it will never be another chance for you....

No comments: