Monday, December 22, 2008



The Shooting Star

When I looked at the shooting star, it gave me lots of thoughts. The thoughts about life, about ourselves.

I am lucky to live to this age, but there were lots of people who did not have such luxury, and they left us on the path we have walked through. My younger brother Kwok Weng (谢国荣) was one of them. He passed away at the age of eleven. Recently, I heard that one of my young friends, his elder brother also passed away at the prime time of his life. It makes me think harder, what is the true meaning of life.

Sometimes, we are toxicated by the social structure and rules, and we think as long as we live in these conditions, it would be meaningful; or so called contributed to the society. But have we really think deeply that all these really contributed to our REAL life??

Life is to serve others? Life is to sacrifice? To obtain name and frame, are these really has impact on our quality of life?

I always tell my friends and members of my family, I would rather live a life and have my last breath with a smile; then to hang on with a tortured expression on the face. Since I walked through my sixty, I have chosen to live the way I wished to be, and not to anyone else expectation. I treasure everyday of my life, and refused it to be manipulated by others.

No comments: