Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Daily Travel Experience


After reached the age of 60, lots of my perception changed. I have given up the habit of riding on the 200cc motorcycle and travel at 100km per hour in the nights when I am moody. In fact, I already sold the bike for just $150.00. It was only 5 years old.

These days, I travel with public transports. It may be the bus, the MRT or Taxi. If I am not in a hurry, I used to take bus to the MRT station and use the train to continue my journey. I learned to take note of the timing of the bus. If I missed the designated time of that particular bus stop, I may have to wait for 10 to 20 minutes. These days, taking bus to me is an enjoyment. I take the opportunity to observe all sort of personality in the bus. Some are typical 'Kia Su' Singaporeans, once they aboard the bus, you could see their pairs of vulture eyes, searching for seats! Some are enlightened; even the bus is quite empty and have many empty seats, they choose to stand all the way to their designation. Some takes the journey for their afternoon nap or recovery time.

The services of the bus has improved a lot, comparing with the older days. But in terms of bus frequency, I think the company should further improve it.

1 comment:

roland teo said...

Wise minds think alike!!