Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The NAFA Graduation Show (Fine Art) 2008

This is Marie's Work at the Show

Marie invited me to her Graduation Show at NAFA on 28th May 2008. As her former art teacher, I have no reason to say NO. So even on the day I had another function with SSC, I still made my way to NAFA to give her the support.

When I reached there, she met me at the entrance and brought me to her exhibition hall. The hall was full of works from the Fine Art graduates. It was a feast of colors for the eyes. Marie is the only person major in pottery. Her series of work was displayed at the centre of the exhibition area. Her work is something related to transformation, evolution and merging of life form. Raku fired, but with very unique forms and textures.

This is the first time I attending my own art student Art Show, no doubt I have more than a dozen of them graduated from NAFA and LaSalle. I am really pleased to see the fruit of Art Education provided harvested by them. As a teacher, the most rewarding moment should be at this time frame.

I hope Marie would continue to scatter the love of Art around her, especially to the younger generations. So that the beauty of Art could be flourished in this small island.

No comments: