Thursday, April 03, 2008


The Bucket List

After watching the film 'The Bucket List', beside admire Jack Nicholas and Morgan Freeman acting skills; the contents of this film really touched me.
If everybody really lives as if you only have half a year of life; then you would see Life in another perspectives. As Nicholas said in the show: Do you want to live a life as everyone does? With the end coming near, just waiting for it to come, waiting the
offspring to tear, going through the hospital scenario and get laid or cremate. Why not go and do something meaningful to yourself and die happily?

At the age of 61, I could not agree better! This is why I have chosen to retire early than what I should be, and enjoy what I am doing at the moment. I am the boss of my life. I have broken free from all the hustles and restrictions. I could not stand those old folks sitting at the void deck everyday, posing that miserable postures and let time pass by. My former boss Mrs Kee said: Must make yourself feel valuable to the organization / family. I further developed this concept: Must make yourself valuable to yourself; life would be much more beautiful and meaningful.
Yes, today I am one year nearer to the other end, but I feel much more delightful than the past. It is my perception contribute to this mood. My psychology tutor said: Our daily thoughts 80% are negative. I asked him why, he said it may be the world is not perfect. But could it be ourself caused it? If you do not value your life, who will?

1 comment:

roland teo said...

What a timing coincidence that you post this entry.

I am retiring too from the corporate world on April 15, in a few days time.

Like you, I want to be in control of my life and not stay in the corporate world and be used for purposes that are not yours by people you don't always respect!

However as we celebrate the joy that we are able to retire, we must spare a thought for the many that despite years of toil are not able to put aside enough money to do so. This is not a result of their not saving enough, in many cases it is the corporate world that does not pay them enough for their work.